Health and Safety
Travel in today's world requires us all to do our part. It is the only way to stay safe and healthy.
We promise to go the extra mile for you, assist you in any way possible to make your stay with us, not just "nice," but exceptional, to give you assistance when you ask and recognize when you need space and privacy. We promise to greet you not with handshakes or hugs, but with smiling eyes and escort you to your guest room, however, we will not enter the room.
We promise to follow the government guidelines to protect each of you. When you stay with us, we're asking you
• Whether vaccinated or not, we require guests to wear a face mask at all times inside the indoor public areas. If you don't have a mask or forgot yours, we have them available when you arrive.
• Wash your hands on a regular basis
• Stay home if you're sick or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19
Here's what our staff has committed to:
• Read and signed a document about the seriousness and necessary health and cleanliness protocol related
• Have their temperature taken before beginning a shift. If anyone has a temperature, they are sent home.
• Give extra care and attention to sanitizing inside the kitchen.
• Wearing masks at all times.
Here's what we're doing differently in our guest rooms:
• We've always been sticklers for cleanliness. Now, we're taking a step further, cleaning and sanitizing all high-touch areas on a scheduled basis.
• All room keys will be sanitized and inside your room upon arrival (unless arriving after check-in when it will be found in a sealed envelope outside the main entrance).
We promise to continue to monitor the changing lodging, travel and dining guidelines associated with COVID- 19 and will modify as needed. Please check for updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call us (802) 263-9217. We look forward to welcoming you into the inn.